KB Financial Group
- KB Kookmin Bank 100%
- Kookmin Bank Hong Kong 100%
- Kookmin Bank International (London) 100%
- Kookmin Bank Cambodia 100%
- Kookmin Bank (China) Limited 100%
- KB Kookmin Card 100%
- KB Investment & Securities 100%
- KB-Glenwood PEF NO.1 0.03%
- KB Life Insurance 100%
- KB Asset Management 100%
- KB Capital 52.02%
- KB Savings Bank 100%
- KB Real Estate Trust 100%
- KB Investment 100%
- NPS-KBIC PEF NO.1 2.56%
- KBIC No.3 PEF 2.0%
- KoFC KBIC Frontier Champ 2010-5 PEF 20%
- KoFC POSCO HANWHA KB Shared Growth No.2 PEF 5%
- KoFC Value-up PEF 10.8%
- KB Credit Information 100%
- KB Data Systems 100%
KB Kookmin Bank was established on November 2001 through the merger between ‘Kookmin Bank’ and ‘H&CB,’ and even with a superb retail infrastructure that consists of the largest number of customers and branches in Korea, KB Kookmin Bank has managed to excel in the area of customer service as well. With 4 consecutive 1st place finishes in the National Customer Service Index, KB has firmly established itself as the nation’s premier bank.
Even with the 4 NCSI wins, KB continues to work diligently to further raise customer satisfaction, while also increasing marketing capacities, solidifying assets, and developing groundbreaking risk management systems (Basel II-based). These efforts have led to outstanding results, such as international rating agencies bestowing KB with the best ratings and outlooks among domestic banks.
With implementation of new governmental policies and changes in the financial system expected in the aftermath of the global financial crisis, competition in both the global and domestic financial markets is projected to intensify. As such, KB’s strategic objective for 2010 is to “Strengthen KB Kookmin Bank’s status as a leading bank through change and innovation.” To accomplish this goal, KB has identified four key elements that it will focus on: ‘Revenue-based Profitable Growth,’ ‘Heightened Risk Management,’ ‘Retail Innovation’ and ‘Industry Leadership.’
- KB Kookmin Bank
- November 1, 2001
- Lee, Kun Ho
- 2,481.9 billion KRW(as of Dec. 2009)
- 25,923 (as of March, 2010)
- #9-1 Namdaemunro 2-ga, Jung-gu, Seoul Korea
Overall bank, trust and credit card related operations including, but not limited to: Deposits, loans, trust funds, credit/debit cards, bancassurances, derivatives, B2B financial products, foreign exchange products, investment operations, private banking, electronic banking, Internet banking, mobile banking, phone banking, etc.
- Launches new KB Kookmin Bank (Merger between Kookmin Bank & H&CB). Goes public on NYSE.
- Merges with Kookmin Credit Card.
- Holds Extraordinary Shareholders Meeting and appoints Kang, Chung Won the new CEO.
- Labor unions of Kookmin Bank, H&CB & Kookmin Card merge.
- Launches Green Finance/Management Promotion Committee.
- Korea Productivity Center ranks KB No. 1 among banks in the National Customer Satisfaction Index (NCSI) for the 4th consecutive year.
- Begins service of ‘MyStar,’ a Next-Generation IT system.
KB Kookmin card, starting anew in Mar. 2011, is the company that endeavors to understand what customers want through providing services catering to their potential needs.
Based on the best CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system and service capabilities in the industry, we have gained customers' trust by providing such services as payment services, financial services, installment financing & leasing, and other services.
KB Kookmin Card continuously strives to achieve our goal of becoming No.1 Lifestyle Solution Provider by practicing our four main strategies of systematic cost management, discovery a new growth engine, optimizing risk management and strengthening corporate social responsibility.
- KB Kookmin Card Co., Ltd.
- March 2, 2011
- Shim, Jae Oh
- KRW 460 billion
- 30, Saemunan-ro 3-gil, Jongno-gu, Seoul, Korea, 110-070
Card payment services (credit card, debit card, prepaid card), Personal loan (cash advance, card loan), Installment financing/leasing (auto finance, equipment purchase finance), Life services (travel business, life service) etc.
- Launched credit card business by Kookmin Bank
- Issued Kookmin Master Card for domestic and overseas
- Established of Kookmin Credit Card Co., Ltd.
- Launched Kookmin VISA Card
- Amount of credit card used reached the 10 trillion won, making KB Card the first in credit card industry
- Launched Kookmin Pass Card
- Merged with KLB (Korea Long Term Credit Bank) Card
- Kookmin Credit Card became the first credit card company to list its shares on KOSDAQ
- Merged with Kookmin Bank
- Established of KB Kookmin Card Co., Ltd.
- Proclaimed brand identity, “Life designer that provides the power for people's better life”
- Ranked No.1 check card for 2 consecutive years in KCSI
- Ranked No.1 credit card in NCSI
KB Investment & Securities, a new member of KB Financial Group since March 11, 2008, is guided by talent driven management, transparent business practice, and pursuit of innovation. With top-notch professionals and a wide client base, KB Investment & Securities has been a leader in the primary market for corporate bonds and asset backed securities as well as real estate project financing. With top quality research capacity, KB Investment & Securities offers wholesale equities and derivative brokerage services for domestic and foreign investors. In addition, KB Investment & Securities serves the needs of its clients for IPO, ECM, and M&A advisory, as well as generates steady earnings from, equities, bonds, and futures & options management.
With the launch of a home trading system branded as KBplustar in February 2009, KB Investment & Securities expanded into retail business with the goal of providing top-quality total asset management service to individual investors.
With KB Financial Group's extensive domestic/overseas networks and operating footholds, KB Investment & Securities aims to become a top three total financial investment firm in Korea by 2013, and eventually grow into a leading Asian financial service provider.
- KB Investment & Securities
- August 16, 1995
- Jung, Hoi Dong
- 78 billion KRW
- 382 (As of end-March 2011)
- 21/22/23 Fl, Shinhan Investment Corp., 23-2, Yeoeuido-Dong
Equity and derivatives brokerage services for retail and wholesale clients (both foreign and local institutions), Domestic and overseas equity & bond underwriting, Real estate project financing, IPO, ECM, M&A advisory, Equity and derivatives trading, Financial product sales, Research on domestic/overseas economies and stock markets
- Established Yonhap SB Securities
- Firm name changed to ‘HANNURI Salomon Securities’
- Firm name changed to ‘HANNURI Investment & Securities’
- Launched HANNURI Hong Kong
- KB becomes the majority shareholder
Changed firm name to ‘KB Investment & Securities’
- Retail sales began, HTS 'KB plustar' launched
- 'KB plustar Account' KB Financial Group’s first multi-financial product
- First BIB opened
mobile trading application for iPhone, 'KB iPlustar' launched
- Second BIB opened
- Third and fourth BIB opened; licensed to trade OTC derivatives
- Merged with KB Futures
KB Life Insurance was established by KB Kookmin Bank’s tie-up with ING Group, a worldwide financial group. Since its initiating insurance operation in June 2004, KB Life Insurance has provided easy to understand and feasible advanced financing throughout nationwide branches of KB Kookmin Bank, and a variety of insurance services are being provided through corporate representative offices and telemarketing channels from February 2008. KB Life Insurance presents the vision of “Be an Ultra Excellence Insurance Company in customer-centered growth” and provides easy to understand, feasible, and valuable products and services with its management philosophy, “Sharing the fruits with customers, shareholders, and community.”
- KB Life Insurance
- April 29, 2004
- Kim, Jin Hong
- 276 billon(Feb, 2013)
- 311 Employees(Feb, 2013)
- 2~5 floors, SAMKOO building, Hangangro-3ga, Yongsan-gu, Seoul, Korea
Bancassurance(BA) - Non-par KB Golden Life Platinum Annuity 2, Non-par KB Annuity Focused on Death Benefit, etc.
Telemarketing(DM) - Non-par KB Age 100 Annuity, Non-par KB Star Plus Savings, etc.
Agency marketing(AM) - Non-par KB Seed Money Savings, Non-par KB Kookmin Universal Whole Life, etc.
Financial consultant (TC) - Non-par KB WISE Variable Universal Whole Life, Non-par KB SAFE Kids Love Insurance, etc.
- KB Life Insurance established
- ING Shareholdings to 49%
- Contract holding amount 2.7 trillion
- Contract holding amount 3.7 trillion and 1 trillion total assets
- Corporate brand and Telemarketing begins
- Assets reach 130 billion
- Held the 5th Ordinary General Shareholders Meeting
- Selected as the best KSQI call center for 4 consecutive years
- Received second grade in FSS complaint evaluation
Achieved KRW 7.1 trillion in business in force and KRW 3 trillion in total assets
- Received second grade in FSS complaint evaluation
KB Life Universal Whole Life won the first prize in customer value product in 2010 THE PROUD award by Korea Management Association Consulting
- KB Life won the first prize in life insurance companies’ infrastructure development and internal control area in The Bell Risk Manager Awards
- KB Life’s call center was selected as the excellent call center for the 5th year in a row based on KSQI by Korea Management Association Consulting
- KB Life’s call center was selected as the excellent call center for the 6th year in a row based on KSQI by Korea Management Association Consulting
- KB Life won the prize for excellence in insurance company’s website in 2012 Web Award Korea
- In-force policies based on amount insured reached KRW 13 trillion 986.3 billion and total assets reached KRW 5 trillion 937.9 billion
A subsidiary of KB Financial Group, KB Asset Management leads the asset management industry pushing for high growth and industry development in Korea. The main role of KB Asset Management is the management and selling of investment trust assets and entrusted investment assets. Our vision is to become a domestic asset management company which possesses a world class investment process.
KB Asset Management has stable and strong long term performance in multiple assets covering equity, bonds, index to alternative investments and comprehensive risk management aligned with long term goal in making the leading fund house In the industry.
- KB Asset Management
- April 28, 1988
- Lee, Hee Kwon
- 38.3 billion KRW
- 110 professionals (as of March 31, 2010)
- 31 trillion 487 billion KRW(as of March 31, 2013, Included entrusted investment assets)
- 25th Fl Shinhan Investment Corp. 23-3 Youido-dong Youngdeunpo-gu Seoul Korea
- Korea Equity Fund : KB Value Focus Fund, KB Growth Focus Fund, KB Mid-Small Cap Focus Fund, KB Korea Star Fund
- Global Equity Fund : KB China Fund, KB India Fund, KB Brazil Fund, KB Multi-manager BRICs Fund
- INDEX Fund : KB Star Korea Index Fund, KB Star S&P500 Index Fund, KB Star Japan Index Fund
- Others : KB Emerging G. B. Income Fund, KB Star Gold Special Asset Fund, KB Range Focus Fund
- ETF : KStar TOP5 Group ETF, KStar 200 ETF, KStar KTB ETF(Bond), KStar Credit Bond ETF, KStar
- Established under the name, Kookmin Investment Advisory Co
- Company name changed to Jooeun Investment Consultation Advisory Co.
- Company name changed to KB Investment Trust Management Co., Ltd
- Company name changed to KB Asset Management Co., Ltd
Wholly owned by KB Financial Group, KB Real Estate Trust is sure to provide greater returns along with low risk to clients by managing their real estate properties more efficiently.
As "No. 1 Real Estate Trust Company in Korea", all of us full of heartfelt passion at KB Real Estate Trust are carrying out business and are also equipped with nationwide business network by establishing the branches in Busan, Daejeon, Daegu and Gwangju including Seoul's headquarters.
We contribute to fostering synergies among KB subsidiaries as a member of KB Financial Group and also build up the network with prominent global and domestic real estate companies through strategic partnership, pave the way for overseas business and New Business Model development. Also, we are sure to be the best comprehensive real estate company while actively coping with rapidly changing business environment through a healthy and sound financial structure and a systematic risk management.
- KB Real Estate Trust Co. Ltd.
- December 3, 1996
- Park, In Byung
- 80 billion KRW
- 142 professionals (4 Directors)
As of December, 2009
- 15th ~ 16th Fl. Poonglim Building 823 Yeoksamdong Gangnamgu Seoul
Land Trust (Types of Development, Management), Collateral Trust, Management Trust, Disposal Trust, REITs Asset Management, Agency for Money Management, Brokerage, Consulting, etc.
- Established Jueun Real Estate Trust Co. Ltd
- Opened Busan Branch
- Renamed KB Real Estate Trust Co. Ltd.
- Transferred headquarters to 823 Yeoksamdong, Gangnamgu, Seoul
- Opened Daejeon Branch
- Opened Daegu Branch
- Opened Gwangju Branch
- Release of KB WiseStar Private Fund Real Estate Trust #1
- Business Alliance with Prime Broadcast
- Release of the 2nd Plus Star CR-REITs
- Business Alliance in relation to office development in eastern area of Pangyo
Business Alliance with Englewood Korea in relation to Yeongjong broadway development
- Release of the 3rd Plus Star CR-REITs
- Entering into development trust agreement in relation to semi-industry complex project in Yanggam area, Hwaseong city
- Business Alliance in relation to automobile trade complex in Poogam-dong
KB Investment possesses an in depth understanding of small and medium sized business’ market environment. As a business partner, KB Investment provides essential stage by stage financial and business support beginning from a company’s early stage up until the company is listed on KOSDAQ, enabling companies to move a step closer to success. Moreover, KB Investment’s affiliation to KB Kookmin Bank’s corporate support solution allows KB Investment to provide a highly differential service to its partners. As a specialist and long term investor in non-listed companies and newly growing sectors, KB Investment strives to not only become the premier partner for venture companies but also the leader in the corporate investment sector through mid-sized M&As while also taking on the role as the momentum in which synergy within the KB Financial Group is maximized
- KB Investment
- March 27, 1990
- Nahm, Inn
- 44.8 billion KRW
- 34 Employees(3 Directors)
- 9th Fl Sinyeong B/D 68-5 Chungdam-Dong, Gangnam-Gu, Seoul
Venture Investment Fund (Distribution of profit gained via investment in startups and rising companies), Private Equity Fund, Corporate M&A etc.
- Jang Eun Venture Capital Co., Ltd Established
- Renamed as Kookmin Venture Capital Co., Ltd
- Merged with Frontier Investment
- Merged with Kookmin Technology Financing Co., Ltd.
- Renamed as KB Venture Capital Co., Ltd.
- Renamed as KB Investment Co., Ltd.
- Asset Under Management (AUM) exceeds over USD 1.4 Billion (KRW 1.4 Trillion)
A subsidiary of KB Financial Group, KB Credit Information is a specialized company which manages unpaid receivable of financial institutions. KB Credit Information is the leader in the credit information industry in terms of assets, profitability and services etc among bank affiliated companies. With notable professionals with a banking background and the most advanced bond management system, KB Credit Information effectively and quickly organizes bad credit providing aid in restoration of the debtor’s credit and creating a smooth cycle for financial transactions so the customer’s asset is sound and risk minimized. Our management philosophy aims to embody a healthy credit society while our corporate vision strives to maintain our position as the first class credit information group providing the best credit inquiry, credit evaluation and collection service for our customers through synergy from our KB Financial Group’s affiliated subsidiaries
- KB Credit Information
- October 9, 1999
- Chang,Yoo Whan
- 6.26 billion KRW
- 152 professionals
- 22/23th Fl. Gatewaytower., 107, Huamro, Yongsan-Gu, Seoul Korea
SKB Kookmin Bank Debt Collection, KB Kookmin Bank Card Debt Collection, Non-affiliated bank Debt Collection, Credit Investigation of individuals and corporations of commercial transactions, Asset investigation for claims in legal procedures (finding debtor’s hiding assets and real property), Investigation of recoverability of unpaid debts, Lease investigation, Agency service related to civil affairs.
- Jueun Credit Information Co. Ltd established
- Merged with KM Credit Information Co. Ltd.
Company name changed to Kookeun Credit Information Co., Ltd.
- Company name changed to KB Credit Information Co., Ltd.
KB Data Systems is a leader in financial IT areas with the business scope of IT project development, system management, sales of financial IT solution packages and resale of IT hardware equipment. KB Data Systems, founded in 1991, has successfully performed services as the IT partner for Korea’s largest bank KB Kookmin Bank and has established its position as the financial IT company corporation transferring financial IT knowledge overseas to countries such as Indonesia, Japan and so on. In an era of ubiquitous banking, KB Data Systems reorganized its our corporate visions as the Leading Representative Financial SI company in Korea. For the efficient achievement of the new vision we have set our Management Philosophy as the following.
- Customer Trust: Move our customers hearts with the best quality and service
- Value on Manpowe: Secure professional and passionate talent
- Creative Innovation: Pursue change and leadership via creativity and innovation
- Honest Management: Pursuit of honest behavior and righteous mind
- KB Data Systems
- September 6, 1991
- Park, Joong Won
- 80 billion KRW
- 252 professionals
- Korea Exchange North Annex #33 Yoido-Dong Youngdeungpo-Gu Seoul 150-977
Financial counseling system, Integrated business solution, System Integration, Risk Management System, Overseas Branch Banking System, Foreign Currency Settlement System, Contact Center System, Total Credit & Loan Financial System, Total Auditing System, New Personnel & General Affairs System etc.
- Incorporation of Kookmin Data Systems
- Renamed KB Data Systems
- Participated in Indonesia MIS project in BII
- Awarded「Korea SW Company Grand Prize」 SW sector
(Korea Software Industry Association
- Participatesd in Treasury Management System for Vietnams Agribank and building of foreign
currency settlement system
- Developing KB Kookmin Bank’s Next Generation Internet Banking System
currency settlement system
- Concluding Partnership MOU with Global IT Corporations
- Developing KB Kookmin Bank’s Next Generation Management Information System
KB Financial Group is pursuing model enterprise of corporate governance for the objectives of transparent management, independence of the board of directors, and protection of shareholders’ rights.